Skip to main content

Full text of "July 2016 emails between Hollywood Property Owners Alliance and CD13"

See other formats

8/13/2016

City of Los Angeles Mail - Need your support for July 5th Board of Supervisors' meeting

Daniel Halden <daniel.halden@lacity.org>

Need your support for July 5th Board of Supervisors' meeting

1 message

Devin Strecker <devinstrecker@list.hollywoodbid.org>
To: Hollywood4WRD@list.hollywoodbid.org

Tue, Jul 5. 2016 at 11:06 AM

From: "Wickrema, Dhakshike" <DWickrema@bos.lacounty.gov>

Date: July 4, 2016 at 10:34:33 AM PDT

Cc: "Vera, Yolanda" <YVera@bos.lacounty.gov>, "Naipo, Al” <ANaipo@bos.lacounty.gov>

Subject: Need your support for July 5th Board of Supervisors' meeting

Dear Homeless Advocates,

The Supervisor has introduced a motion asking the County to report back on a possible parcel tax
dedicated to homelessness. We need your support and testimony at tomorrow’s 1PM Board meeting to
ensure that a revenue option to address homelessness is on the November ballot. As you know, the
County has set aside $100M in one-time funds to implement the Homeless Initiative Strategies, but we will
need more than one-time funds to fully implement the strategies in the years to come. Poll after poll has
shown that homelessness is a top concern among the electorate and LA County voters are willing to
support a homeless revenue measure in November 2016. The time to act is now.

Please see link to motion (it will be item 40-A on the agenda): http://file.lacounty.qov/bos/
supdocs/105442.pdf

An LA County November 2016 ballot measure on homelessness would also complement LA City’s housing
bond. The City’s housing bond would fund capital development, while the County would fund supportive
services, rapid rehousing and operating rental subsidies, so that we have a comprehensive regional
financing strategy to address homelessness. Please see the following LA Times article for more on the
coordinated regional funding needed to provide housing and services to fully address homelessness:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-homeless-tax-20160701-snap-story.html

The Tuesday Board meeting will be held at 1PM at the following location:

TUESDAY, JULY 5, 2016, 1:00 P.M.

KENNETH HAHN HALL OF ADMINISTRATION

500 WEST TEMPLE STREET, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90012

BOARD HEARING ROOM 381 B

Thank you in advance for all your support!

https.//mail.google.corn/mail/u/0/?ui-2&ik-c54cf51046&view-pt&q-%40hollywoodbid.org&qs=true&search=query&th=155bc412c5ce44cc&siml=155bc412c5ce... 1/2

8/13/2016

City of Los Angeles Mail - Need your support for July 5th Board of Supervisors' meeting

Dhakshike Wickrema

Deputy for Homelessness and Mental Health
Office of Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas
( 213 ) 974-2222

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=c54cf51046&view=pt&q=%40hollywoodbid.org&qs=true&search=query&th=155bc412c5ce44cc&siml=155bc412c5ce... 2/2